Sunday, October 26, 2014

Dragon Cake, take 2

Katie's How to Train Your Dragon cake was a huge hit; so much that my running buddy asked me to make some dragons for her daughter's 4th birthday party this weekend. I made the toppers, and she took care of the cake. 

I started out making Stormfly and Toothless. They were much larger than the ones I made for Katie's cake. 

Then I got to work on Astrid and Hiccup. 

I think they all looked pretty good. 

Then I loaded them up into a box lined with felt for transport. 

I had packed some extra gray fondant, and the birthday girl and her sisters made "rocks" to decorate the cake. 

Finally, the finished product:

Another successful dragon cake, this time with many hands involved to make it extra special for a sweet little girl. 








No comments:

Post a Comment