Monday, August 3, 2015

Katie's Octonauts Party

I wrote all about the cake, but what good is a cake if there is no party? I got a lot of help with the decorations and food prep since the cake consumed so much of my time and energy, and I am so thankful for my parents and Paul who made it all come together for our precious Katie.

I made her Octonauts dress with tie-dye spray and iron-on transfer paper. My mom taped the crepe paper "seaweed" on the walls, and the inflatable fish that Paul hung all over the house were reused from her first birthday party (Rainbow Fish themed)... I'm so glad I saved them! We had balloons all around as well, but that was all. Not much decorating is needed for a pool party.

I made her a Captain Barnacles hat with craft foam and a sticker that Paul made for me with my Silhouette Cameo cutter.


It was a lunchtime party, so we had sandwich trays, fruit, veggies with hummus, shells and cheese, goldfish crackers, and "crabby crescent rolls".

An orca attacked the hummus.

Oyster Nilla wafers with icing and a large pearl sprinkle. So easy to make.

A fruit bowl shaped like one of the Gups.

I had a fish craft for the kids in case they got tired of swimming, but it was completely untouched, and I'm ok with that! Better to be prepared and not need than to run out.

We spent most of the party outside.

I was even prepared with outside games, like an inflatable dolphin ring toss game, but the pool was enough entertainment for everyone.

Birthday girl had a great time.

I think our guests had a great time too!

Then we had some cake.

We ended with present time. Katie got a whole army of Octonaut toys and other awesome gifts.

We sent our guests home with some Peso "medical bags" which contained stickers, shark fruit snacks, a squirter fish, sea creature sponge capsules, a nautical band-aid, and a fish ring pop.
Thank you to everyone who came and made Katie's day so special!

No comments:

Post a Comment