Thursday, August 7, 2014

Pretend Play

The last full week of July, Ellie had musical theater camp, so I got some play time with the little ones while she was away. I know that with them, looser structure is always better, especially since Katie just wants to pretend play all day long with dragons, princesses, and her big sister. So there wasn't really a theme for this week. I thought maybe we could do "jobs," but my middle child does not even accept gentle suggestions on how to play... With that in mind, I figured we could try to pretend play with a few fun printables I found on Pinterest and see if we used them or where the playing took us. 

Animal doctor

Restaurant




Eventually, she just decided to play dragons on her princess castle. 


We built a fort with an E-Z Fort Kit I had stashed in a closet under the stairs, waiting for its letter to Hog--I mean, waiting for us to use it for a castle or house. 


It was pretty neat. 


Then we combined games: animal doctor in the fort!


I think they had fun! I am still not as fun as the biggest sister, though. And when she came home, they were even happier to play pretend together. It'll be an adjustment when school starts. 



No comments:

Post a Comment