Friday, June 3, 2016

Cake roundup

Hi. I haven't been around much. Sorry, blog. I guess I should catch you up on what I've been up to. Or just dump a bunch of cake pictures here and move forward. Now that summer vacation has started, I'm going to need this blog to document our adventures again, so here's a quick catch-up on what I have been up to in cake-land.

Quidditch cupcakes for a dear friend's son's Quidditch team. Yes, really!

Cat in the Hat cake for Dr. Seuss day at my daughter's school. The hat was wonky and not my favorite, but I loved the pictures I stuck all around it to cover its imperfections.

Cupcakes for a "Dive-in Movie" party... awesome party idea!

A Bugatti Veyron made from modeling chocolate and fondant atop a buttercream-iced cake for a 9th birthday.

A BB-8 cake for our friend Lia's 5th birthday. We got to eat this one too! Sidetone: I still haven't seen The Force Awakens.

Fireman-themed toppers for my nephew's 3rd birthday. His mom made him a donut cake.

A peacock cake for my big girl's 8th birthday. She had a Spa party, and it was pretty fun, but I was too busy to do a write-up on it, so you'll have to take my word for it.

I also made her some peacock cupcakes for her birthday at school.

These cupcakes were for our local police department who captured 2 criminals on the run in my backyard, right outside my bedroom window. I was thankful the police were there!

A moon landing cake for my nephew's 7th birthday.

My big girl's First Communion cake and my first gum paste lilies.

A ganache piano cake with gum paste flowers for my daughter's end-of-school choir party.

A Shopkins cake for my husband's ex-secretary's niece's 5th birthday.

An 8th grade graduation cake for the kids who are finished at our school and heading on to various high schools. 

And now it's time to put my "teacher" hat back on. Sorta. Because schoooooooool's out for summer! And Camp Mom will soon be in session. I'm excited. It's all planned out, and it's going to be great.

I still hope to have some more cakes to make, but currently I have no orders until August, so if you need a cake in June or July (or beyond!)...

No comments:

Post a Comment