Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day

First, if you're a mom, I hope you got the Mother's Day you wanted! I like mine low-key, drama-free, and with piles of artwork the kids made at school, with their dad, and on their own. 

Lucky me, I got all that this weekend... Plus a few other things, like a visit from my parents, a dance recital, sick kids, and some cute/clever gifts. 

But first! The crafts... This is actually a craft I got the kids to make for their grandmothers (because they're mothers too, and let's face it: I have no idea when Grandparents' Day is, and you can never go wrong with a kid-made gift). 

All we used was a plain white canvas and some washable paint. 
Katie and Anthony painted the blue, all 3 painted/printed the sun, and Ellie painted the words. I thought it turned out cute, and my mom loved it too. 

The other craft is one I had nothing to do with. Paul got the kids to make me some "unconventional flowers" with TP rolls, staples, dowels, and paint. He even photographed them while they made them because he knows how much I love to see the process. 

I didn't get a good picture of just the flowers, but you can see them on the right side of the picture. Very pretty, totally unexpected, and so creative! Paul did well! In keeping with the unconventional flowers theme, Paul also got me a dozen flours (ever seen "Stranger Than Fiction"?), which I thought was awesome! And a pasta maker to use some of the flours. So fun. I appreciate a good themed celebration. 

Needless to say, I felt the love. It was also great to see my parents and little brother and celebrate my dad's birthday. 

Now I just gotta hold onto the warm fuzzies and pray for my two Littles who are battling fevers and colds to get better.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment