Friday, March 6, 2015

La-la la-la!

Whenever I make character cakes, I have the habit of humming or singing or whistling the theme song to the show of the character I'm working on. So "Elmo's World" and the "Sesame Street" theme could be heard in my kitchen as I made this cake. 

Italian meringue buttercream on a chocolate chip cake (same as the pink petal cake) and fondant to decorate and cover. 

The sign was the most labor-intensive part. I even took the time to make a paper template to make it perfect, and my exacto knife was my best friend. I think it looks great. 

Once the cake was covered, Elmo's nose needed some support as it dried onto the cake. 

I initially attached the eyes with some space between them, but it just didn't look right, and after browsing some images on Google, I realized that Elmo's eyes are together... Ta-da!

One of my goals this year was to sell 3 cakes. One down, two more to go!

It's cloudy outside today, but I hope Vivienne has a wonderful birthday celebration, and may her Two-Year-old year be filled with "Sunny Days, sweepin' the clouds away!"



No comments:

Post a Comment