Thursday, March 5, 2015

Pink petals

A dear friend's youngest daughter (whom we sometimes refer to as Anthony's girlfriend) just turned two, and unfortunately she wasn't able to have a big birthday celebration due to the passing of her godfather. My heart is heavy for my friend and her family, but there isn't much I can do beyond pray and listen. 
I suppose I could also make a cake for birthday girl. So I did. Just a tiny uncomplicated cake. 
I hope it is a little bright spot during these sad times. 

It's a chocolate chip cake with Italian meringue buttercream (I had never made it before... I like it!), and I had always wanted to try the petals-with-a-spoon technique. It's not perfect, but I think it turned out nice. 
Fun fact: I tried to match the colors to a hat I knitted for birthday girl back when she was a baby. In fact, I liked it so much, I made a hat just like it for my Katie. 

If you can, please say a prayer for the repose of the soul of Aaron, and may the Lord comfort his wife and sons as they grieve. 


No comments:

Post a Comment